Militant Islam Monitor > Satire > Jihadi dad whines "business is 99% dead" after Ft.Dix pizza orders halted in wake of son's soldier murder plot
Jihadi dad whines "business is 99% dead" after Ft.Dix pizza orders halted in wake of son's soldier murder plot
May 14, 2007
MIM: Life is heartbreakingly cruel to Muslim Tartar whose pizzera is getting more obscene gestures then customers after his son was arrested for plotting to murder soldiers using his delivery access to the Fort Dix army base. In what is a poor choice of words under the circumstances the elder Tartar lamented that "business is 99% dead" and that instead of a crowd he is confronted by empty spaces and nasty words. Tartar also seems to be suffering a memory lapse, and claimed he could not recall seeing any indication of his son's activities, yet newspapers reported that he dissaproved of his friends and saw him radicalising. He also claimed he knew nothing of his son's activities and yet that his son who delivered pizzas to the base had a map of Ft.Dix.
Tartar should be under arrest for not reporting on his son's drift to radical Islam.Instead with typical Islamist brazenness he implies the he is the real victim by complaining that he has lost business because of his son's arrest. The paper happily reinforces this depiction by referring to a "backlash" when the customer reaction is comparable to what would have occurred if a rat of the four legged kind had been found on the premises. The only difference being that instead of being shut down Tatar's has preposterously attempted to give the impression that his pizzeria is under new management! He could also issue a disclaimer that the management assumes no responsibility for any jihad which is perpetrated on the premises.
Fort Dix suspect's dad faces backlash‘Now I am a target,' says owner of pizzeria near Army base The Associated Press Updated: 3:29 p.m.
COOKSTOWN, New Jersey - The Turkish father of one of the six men charged with plotting to massacre soldiers at Fort Dix says the business near the base that he has nurtured for years is all but ruined since his son's arrest.
Muslim Tatar, who has owned Super Mario's Pizza for five years, said his lunchtime crowd from nearby McGuire Air Force Base and Fort Dix has largely disappeared, replaced by empty tables and nasty words from passing motorists.
"Now I am a target," the 52-year-old Tatar said, adding that his business is "99 percent dead."
Tatar's son, 23-year-old Serdar Tatar, was arrested Monday along with five others. Authorities say the men were preparing to buy automatic weapons to use in an attack on Fort Dix when they were arrested. They targeted the Army post, which is 25 miles (40 kilometers) east of Philadelphia and primarily used to train reservists, partly because one of them had delivered pizzas there and was familiar with the base, according to court filings. Authorities said their objective was to kill "as many American soldiers as possible."
Five of the men are charged with conspiring to kill uniformed military personnel, an offense punishable by life in prison. A sixth is charged with helping illegal immigrants obtain weapons, and could face 10 years in prison if convicted. All six defendants are being held without bail.
In Venice, Italy, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff told The Associated Press that the arrests were a "vivid example of" the terror threats facing the world. He declined to comment further on the case, saying it was ongoing.
Some pizzeria workers quit
"Normally we'd be almost full. People liked this place, and Tatar is a very friendly owner," Cline told The Star-Ledger of Newark for Saturday's newspapers. "But people drive by, they give us the finger."
Cline said delivery business is also hurting since the restaurant can no longer bring food to Fort Dix or McGuire Air Force Base.
Federal authorities say there is no evidence that the elder Tatar knew of his son's plot, and Muslim Tatar said their relationship had waned in recent years, as his son had fallen in with what he described as a bad crowd.