Jihad In Ft. Lauderdale: 5 Dead 13 Wounded - Esteban Santiago Obsessed With ISIS - Joined My Space As Aashiq Hammad
January 8, 2017
"...Fort Lauderdale Airport terrorist Esteban Santiago registered on MySpace under the name "Aashiq Hammad" and recorded Islamic religious music on the site, 3 years before he ever deployed to Iraq as a U.S. soldier, destroying the lying mainstream media's narrative that he was just a mentally disturbed veteran and that "Islam had nothing to do with it."..." http://gotnews.com/breaking-fortlauderdale-terrorist-estebansantiago-joined-myspace-aashiq-hammad-recorded-islamic-music/
Florida shooter 'heard voices telling him to join ISIS'
Florida shooter turns out to be father who was admitted to psychiatric hospital, had many encounters with US authorities.
Arutz Sheva Staff, ט' בטבת תשע"ז, 1/7/2017
Esteban Santiago-Ruiz, 26, who killed 5 and wounded 8 in a shooting attack at Fort Lauderdale's airport on Friday walked into an FBI office in Alaska two months ago claiming the US government had "forced him to watch ISIS videos" and to fight for ISIS.
After an investigation, Santiago-Ruiz was admitted to a psychiatric hospital, and stayed there a short time before being released. His brother said Santiago-Ruiz's girlfriend had called the family in recent months to report the deterioration in his mental stability.
Santiago-Ruiz is the father of a three-month-old, and at the time of the attack, worked as a security guard.
Santiago-Ruiz grew up in Puerto Rico and served with the island's National Guard. In 2010, he was deployed to Iraq and served for a year as a combat engineer. He then returned home and continued his military service in Alaska.
Though he was discharged in August for unsatisfactory performance, he still holds an active US military ID.
In addition, Santiago-Ruiz has a concealed-carry permit.
In 2011 or 2012, Santiago-Ruiz's computer, as well as three weapons, were seized by Homeland Security Investigations on charges of child porn. However, there was not enough evidence to prosecute him. In 2015, he was evicted from his rental apartment after failing to pay the rent. He was also arrested last year for attempting to strangle his girlfriend.
According to reports, Santiago-Ruiz took a night flight during the night between Thursday and Friday, flying from Alaska to Florida with a stopover in Minnesota. At some point during the flight, Santiago-Ruiz became involved in an argument.
After landing in Florida, he claimed his luggage, pulled out the gun, and walked into the bathroom to load it. He then came out and began shooting.
Though he does not have known terrorist ties, Santiago-Ruiz began watching jihadist videos in 2007.
Charges filed against Florida airport shooter
Esteban Santiago accused of an act of violence at an international airport resulting in death and could face the death penalty.
Ben Ariel, י' בטבת תשע"ז, 1/8/2017
A criminal complaint filed by the Miami U.S. attorney's office accuses Santiago of an act of violence at an international airport resulting in death.
The punishment is execution or any prison sentence up to life, according to AP.
Prosecutors also charged Santiago with two firearms offenses.
Santiago, an Iraq war veteran, reportedly traveled from Alaska to Fort Lauderdale specifically to carry out the shooting.
Earlier on Saturday it was reported that Santiago walked into an FBI office in Alaska two months ago claiming the U.S. government had "forced him to watch ISIS videos" and to fight for ISIS.
After an investigation, he was admitted to a psychiatric hospital, and stayed there a short time before being released. His brother said Santiago's girlfriend had called the family in recent months to report the deterioration in his mental stability.
Fort Lauderdale shooter indicted
Federal grand jury indicts Esteban Santiago, the man accused of killing five people inside a Fort Lauderdale airport.
Ben Ariel, כ"ט בטבת תשע"ז, 1/27/2017
A federal grand jury on Thursday indicted Esteban Santiago, the man accused of killing five people inside a Fort Lauderdale airport earlier this month, authorities said, according toCNN.
Santiago is charged with numerous counts and could face death or life in prison.
Federal authorities said Santiago, 26, wounded six others when he opened fire in the baggage claim area of the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, aiming at victims' heads and bodies until he ran out of ammunition.
Santiago was confronted by a Broward County Sheriff's deputy and dropped his weapon before being arrested.
He was charged following the attack with an act of violence at an international airport resulting in death, as well as with two firearms offenses.
Santiago, who lived in Alaska, told FBI agents he carried out the January 6 attack on behalf of the Islamic State (ISIS), an FBI agent testified at Santiago's bond hearing last week.
The agent did not elaborate on whether Santiago was purporting to be linked to ISIS or simply inspired by the terrorist organization.
Federal authorities in Alaska said Santiago told them before the attack that he was hearing voices and that his mind was being controlled by the CIA. He also made similar claims during an interrogation after the shooting.
Once he was transferred to the FBI office in Miramar, Florida, he introduced the ISIS claim and has not mentioned mind control, the agent testified, according to CNN.
The agent, who conducted the interview in Miramar, said only that Santiago claimed to be fighting for ISIS and that he'd been in touch via jihadist chat rooms with like-minded people who were also planning attacks.
ISIS has not claimed responsibility for the attack.
Feds Still in Cover-up Mode: Ft. Lauderdale Airport Shooter Indictment Omits Terrorism," Judicial Watch, January 27, 2017:
A grand jury in south Florida just indicted the Ft. Lauderdale Airport shooter, but the feds are still in cover-up mode so terrorism isn't even mentioned though an FBI agent testified in court that the attack was carried out on behalf of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS). Instead the gunman, who years ago took on an Islamic name, was charged with murder for killing five people and wounding six others during a bloody rampage in the airport's baggage claim area earlier this month.
Days after the massacre that shut down one of the state's busiest airports, Judicial Watch reported that the shooter, Esteban Santiago, is a Muslim convert who years before joining the U.S. Army took on an Islamic name (Aashiq Hammad), downloaded terrorist propaganda and recorded Islamic religious music online. A California-based investigative news site dug up the information while the mainstream media blindly repeated the Obama administration's version of the facts though early on a photo surfaced of Santiago making an ISIS salute while wearing a keffiyeh, a Palestinian Arab scarf. This was disturbingly reminiscent of the Benghazi cover up, in which the president and his cohorts knowingly lied to conceal that Islamic terrorists attacked the U.S. Special Mission in Libya.
The records contradict the official government version that Santiago is a mentally ill, Hispanic Army veteran who became unhinged after a tour in Iraq. Additionally, at a bond hearing in a south Florida federal court last week, an FBI special agent with the Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF) testified that Santiago carried out the attack on behalf of ISIS. The agent, Michael Ferlazzo, also said that Santiago had communicated with Islamic terrorists who were planning attacks on internet "jihadi chat rooms." Regardless, the initial criminal complaint omits any reference to terrorism. It charges Santiago with performing an act of violence at an airport, using a firearm in the course of a crime of violence and causing death through the use of a firearm. It also reveals that he fired 10 to 15 rounds of ammunition from his firearm, aiming at his victims' heads and walking while shooting on a methodical manner….