Home      |      Weblog      |      Articles      |      Satire      |      Links      |      About      |      Contact

Militant Islam Monitor > Articles > Muslim Terrorist Stabs Three In Attack 'For Syria' In London Underground - Had ISIS Images On Phone

Muslim Terrorist Stabs Three In Attack 'For Syria' In London Underground - Had ISIS Images On Phone

December 7, 2015

London: Man stabs three at underground station 'for Syria'

Three people injured in a stabbing attack at an underground station in London. Police treating it as a terrorist attack.

Ben Ariel

Three people were injured, one of them seriously, in a stabbing attack at the Leytonstone underground station in London, the BBC reported.

Local police are treating the stabbing as a "terrorist incident", after the attacker reportedly said he was carrying out the attack "for Syria".

A suspect in the stabbing was arrested after being tasered by police, according to the BBC. One man suffered serious knife injuries while two others received minor injuries in the attack.

Detectives from the Metropolitan Police's Counter-Terrorism Command are now investigating the incident.

The Met said the suspect was reportedly threatening other people with a knife.

An eyewitness told the Guardian that the attacker was yelling, "This is what happens when you f*** with mother Syria all of your blood will be spilled."

Commander Richard Walton, the head of the Met's Counter-Terrorism Command, said, according to theTelegraph, "I would urge the public to remain calm, but alert and vigilant. The threat from terrorism remains at severe, which means that a terrorist attack is highly likely."

The attack comes amid heightened alert in Europe and around the world, following last month's attacks in Parisin which 130 people were killed.

It also comes days after Britain's parliament voted in favor of joining international air strikes on Islamic State (ISIS) group targets in Syria.



London stabber had ISIS images on his phone
Man suspected of carrying out London Underground stabbing had images associated with ISIS as well as Paris attacks.

Arutz Sheva Staff

The man who carried out Saturday's attack on the London Underground while screaming "this is for Syria" had images associated with the Islamic State (ISIS) group on his mobile phone, prosecutors said Monday, according to The Associated Press (AP).

The man, Muhaydin Mire, who has been charged with attempted murder after allegedly slashing a passenger's neck, also allegedly had images relating to the November 13 attacks in Paris and a recent British police anti-terrorism training exercise.

Prosecution lawyer David Cawthorne told a court hearing Monday that prosecutors allege Saturday's knife attack at Leytonstone Underground station was an act of terrorism.

Mire, who is 29 and lives a few blocks from the east London subway station, appeared Monday at Westminster Magistrates' Court.

Cawthorne, the prosecutor, said Mire launched a "violent, sustained and unprovoked" attack on a 56-year-old man, who was punched and kicked to the ground before being slashed in the neck during the attack, according to AP. He required five hours of surgery on a 12-centimeter (5-inch) wound and is in stable condition in a hospital.

A written summary of the prosecution case disclosed in court included details of the ISIS-related material found on the suspect's phone.

Mire, who was arrested after police officers used a stun gun to subdue him, spoke only to confirm his name, age and address. He was ordered detained until a court appearance on Friday.

Saturday night's attack came days after Britain's parliament voted in favor of joining international air strikes on ISIS targets in Syria, though it remains unclear whether the attack had any connection to the vote.


Printer-friendly version   Email this item to a friend