Multiple Jihad Attacks In Paris - Over 129 Dead - Hundreds Wounded -Jewish Owned Venue Main Target - At Least 1 Attacker Was "Refugee"
November 14, 2015
And so it Begins: Multiple Coordinated Jihadist Attacks in France, Borders Closed
20:10 PST Update: November 13, 2015 - San Francisco, CA – PipeLineNews.org – The French Army and Gendarmerie have a massive presence this evening in Paris as multiple [at current count at least 6] attacks have convulsed the City of Lights.
The most serious of the incidents played out at a popular music venue, the Bataclan theater. A concert featuring the Eagles of Death Metal was in progress, when AK wielding jihadists dressed in black stormed the hall. An eyewitness report says the attackers said nothing as they moved through the now prostrate crowd executing people in a very deliberate manner, reloading several times in the process. Amidst the understandable confusion at least 100 are thought to have been killed and the NY Times reported that 100 had been taken hostage.
After a counter-attack by French security forces, the immediate crisis at the Betaclan is now over, two jihadists are believed to have been killed.
With President Hollande in attendance, multiple explosions also took place at Paris' Stade de France stadium as the French team was playing Germany. Hollande was quickly evacuated as he declared a national state of emergency and closed the borders.
In yet another attack, a bar or restaurant in Northern Paris has been struck, details at this point are sketchy but Sky News is reporting fatalities and ambulances on the scene.
As of this writing at least 129 have been killed.
In an interview earlier today the Commander in Chief of the United States, President Barack Hussein Obama declared that ISIS had been contained…
We will continue to update this report as events play out.
©2015 PipeLineNews.org LLC. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ISIS Paris attack: What do we know so far? French-speaking attackers; hints of foreign base and mastermind planner; first French suicide vests with explosives expert still at large.
Arutz Sheva Staff
Following is a summary of what is known so far about Friday's attacks in Paris that left at least 128 murdered:
Islamic State claim
The Islamic State (ISIS) jihadist group has claimed responsibility for the attacks. It said "eight brothers wearing explosive belts and carrying assault rifles" conducted a "blessed attack on... Crusader France."
Clues to the attackers
The main lead for French police is a Syrian connection. A Syrian passport was found near the body of one of the assailants and police believe members of the group may have trained in Jihadist areas. The attackers seemed to be fit and well-trained, a police source said.
Witnesses say they were young and very self-assured. Police identified a Frenchman, previously known to police, as "very likely" being one of the assailants.
One or more of the attackers shouted out in French, which points to others also being French nationals.
Authorities hope DNA tests and fingerprinting on the attackers' corpses will yield further clues.
A foreign base?
Witnesses say the attackers drove up in a Belgium-registered car. This may mean the group operated from outside France, but police are not ruling out local support. Another pointer to foreign involvement is the arrest of a man in Bavaria, Germany, carrying automatic weapons and explosives, who could have a link to the Paris attacks, according to a Bavarian minister.
The simultaneous attacks on the Stade de France during an international match, on restaurants and a concert hall - all within 30 minutes - carry the hallmarks of a masterminded assault to spread fear and confusion. In August, a Frenchman arrested on his return from Syria, where he spent time in the Islamic State stronghold of Raqqa, mentioned an ISIS order to target a concert hall, according to a police source.
Investigators into terrorist attacks in January, which targeted the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo and a Jewish supermarket, say the assailants received instructions from the Iraqi-Syrian border region controlled by ISIS.
The modus operandi: A first for France?
These attacks differ from previous ones in France, in their scale and operational style, say investigators.
Suicide vests in particular are a first. French police say this points to a highly-skilled bomb maker still at large.
"An explosives expert never takes part in attacks, he is too valuable for that. So he's out there somewhere," former intelligence chief Claude Chouet told AFP.
France is throwing everything it has into the probe. All investigating judges are on alert. All French anti-terror units have been mobilized. The entire force of the so-called Judicial Police specializing in criminal probes, totaling 2,000 agents, has been deployed.
The state of emergency declared by President Francois Hollande gives police wide powers, especially for night raids. Anti-terror judges are standing by.
France has asked for assistance from foreign intelligence services, especially in Europe.
AFP contributed to this report.http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/203365
--------------------------------------------------------------------------ISIS Paris terrorist entered Europe as a 'refugee' Syrian passport found at scene of concert hall shooting belonged to 'asylum seeker' who entered via Greece.
Arutz Sheva Staff
A Syrian passport found by police at the scene of the mass shooting in a Paris concert hall belonged to an asylum seeker who registered on a Greek island in October, a Greek minister said Saturday.
"We confirm that the Syrian passport holder came through the Greek island of Leros on October 3 where he was registered under EU rules," said a statement issued by Nikos Toskas, the minister for citizen protection.
French police said the document was found "near the body of one of the attackers" in the investigation into the main attack of Friday's carnage, at the Bataclan concert hall, where 82 people were killed. That attacks was one of six coordinated shootings and suicide bombings that left no less than 128 murdered in Paris.
Police are not ruling out that the passport changed hands before the attacks.
"The most logical assumption is that it's the same person, sent on a mission to Europe," said a European security expert speaking on condition of anonymity. "If this is established, it would be the first such case. In any event, this proves that the unchecked flow poses an unequaled challenge for European security. We simply don't know who is coming through."
The Greeks were also examining a fingerprint from a second assailant provided from Paris, to check whether this person had also come through Greece, the police source said.
In recent weeks there has been a storm in Europe over the building migrant crisis as hundreds of thousands of Middle Easterners flood the borders of European countries. Many have spoken out against letting in the migrants out of concerns that terrorists would easily be able to infiltrate their midst and enter Europe to conduct large-scale attacks, such as those seen Saturday.
Greece's junior minister for migration Yiannis Mouzalas had admitted in September that it would be "foolish" to completely discount the possibility of jihadists sneaking into Europe among the refugee wave.
Over 800,000 people have crossed the Mediterranean to Europe this year, with over 3,400 dying in the process.
Mouzalas noted that the number of Europeans joining extremist groups in the Middle East was in fact far higher. "The opposite is happening. They leave from here and go over there," he said.
But Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras on Saturday insisted that the refugees fleeing Syria "are hunted by the same terrorists" that struck in Paris on Friday.
"We must find solutions to the drama of the people who leave their homes, hunted by the same terrorists, and drown in the Mediterranean," Tsipras said in a televised address.
It remains to be seen what if any impact the revelation of the passport in the Paris attack will have on European policy.
AFP contributed to this report.http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/203369
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Main target in Paris attack: Jewish concert hall Bataclan Theater, where 82 of the over 128 were murdered, was owned by Jews, and previously had been targeted by radical Islamic groups.
Bataclan Theater in Paris, the concert hall where most of the bloodshed was seen on Saturday as 82 out of a total of more than 128 people were murdered in six coordinated attacks claimed by Islamic State (ISIS), was owned by Jews.
In the attack, four terrorists armed with assault rifles shouting "Allahu akbar" (Allah is greater) stormed in during a concert by the US rock group Eagles of Death Metal. They executed hostages one by one.
Three of them blew up their explosive belts in suicide attacks as anti-terror police ended the siege at 12:30 a.m. local time, while a fourth was shot by police. Next to one of the attackers, a Syrian passport of a man who entered Europe via Greece as a "refugee" was found.
The French magazine Le Point reported on Saturday that a member of the radical group Army of Islam told French security services back in 2011 that "we had planned an attack against the Bataclan because its owners are Jewish."
Bataclan Theater was also targeted back in 2004 when the Israeli hip-hop duo of Subliminal and Hatzel performed there, despite threats by Islamists that nearly closed the performance. In a 2006 repeat, the venue gave in to the pressure and canceled the show in advance, forcing the Zionist rap stars to perform elsewhere.
The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) on Saturday expressed its outrage at the attack while noting on the Jewish connection of the concert hall.
"We join with the international community in loudly condemning these barbaric and heinous terror attacks, which have claimed the lives of hundreds of innocent people going about their lives," said Jonathan A. Greenblatt, ADL CEO.
"Words cannot express our shock at these despicable attacks in Paris. This was an outrageous, cowardly and premeditated assault not just on the people of France, but on all freedom loving people around the world."
"While the investigation continues and the terrorists' motivations are still unclear, we are deeply concerned at reports that the Bataclan Theater has long been a locus of anti-Zionist groups. We hope the French authorities will investigate the possibility that virulent anti-Semitism was a motive in the attack," added Greenblatt.
"Having been in Paris earlier this month, I can attest to the resolve and strength of the people of that great city, and know that they will emerge from this tragedy stronger and more united. We stand in solidarity with the French people during this terrible time, and support the efforts of the French government to locate and apprehend those behind the attacks and bring safety and security to all of France.
"Earlier this year, Paris endured the brutality of the attack on Charlie Hebdo, an assault on free expression. We also saw the violent killing committed at Hyper Cacher, a heinous act of anti-Semitism directed squarely against the Jewish community, one of a series of murderous acts in recent years intended to terrorize French Jews. As happened after these incidents, we know that the City of Light will rise again from the darkness and prevail over those who would seek to use terror as a blunt instrument against freedom and democracy. In the aftermath of this attack we must all rise up and say, 'JeSuisFrancais!'"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Belgium arrests two suspects from Paris attacks Belgian prime minister announces of arrests tied to vehicles linked to bloody attacks; one suspect was in Paris during the bloodshed.
Arutz Sheva Staff
Belgian police arrested several suspects in Brussels on Saturday during raids connected to the Paris attacks, including one who was in the French capital at the time of the carnage, Prime Minister Charles Michel said.
Michel told Belgian television that the arrests were linked to "suspect vehicles" identified during the investigation by French police into the attacks that murdered at least 129 people and were claimed by Islamic State (ISIS)
The possible link to the new Paris attacks raises fresh fears that Belgium is becoming a hotbed of Islamist terrorism, coming just months after connections emerged to the Charlie Hebdo attacks and August's attempted attack on an Amsterdam-Paris train.
"A case has immediately been opened linked to suspect vehicles in Paris, to check people linked to those vehicles. There have been several arrests," Michel told RTL television.
He separately told RTBF television: "It is believed or suspected that one of these people was in Paris last night."
The Belgian government would consider further security measures, Michel added.
The Paris prosecutor said that one of the vehicles used in Friday's attacks in the French capital was registered in Belgium and hired by a French national living in Belgium.
Belgian Justice Minister Koen Geens said separately on RTBF television that the arrests in the capital's down-at-heel Molenbeek neighborhood "can be seen in connection with a grey Polo car rented in Belgium" found near the concert hall in the French capital where scores of people were murdered.
Parking tickets from Molenbeek were found inside the car with Belgian license plates, Belgian media said.
In Paris, several witness reported that some of the attackers arrived in a vehicle with Belgian license plates.
Raids to gather evidence
The Belgian federal prosecutor said authorities had now opened a formal terrorism investigation.
"The investigation is opened into a charge of terrorism and participation in the activities of a terrorist group," the federal prosecutor's office said.
Belgian media reported that three people were arrested during the raids, but the number was not confirmed officially.
RTBF earlier reported up to three raids as its website ran a photograph of a man with what looked like a black blindfold as the police put his hands behind his back and handcuffed him.
Footage on Belgian television channels later showed plainclothes officers pointing automatic pistols at a man on his knees, while a uniformed police officer carrying a sub-machinegun warned onlookers to stay away.
The French-language tabloid newspaper La Derniere Heure added that the raids were carried out to find evidence in homes of three young people who it claimed took part in the attacks.
Belgium has the highest per-capita number of nationals who have traveled to fight with ISIS in Syria and Iraq, officials and analysts have
In January, just days after the Charlie Hebdo attacks, two suspected terrorists were shot dead in a police raid in the eastern Belgian city of Verviers.
Police later said they had smashed a cell aiming to kill police officers on the streets and at police stations, leading the government to post soldiers outside sensitive Belgian and EU institutions.
Investigators said they also suspected a Belgian man could have supplied Amedy Coulibaly, the gunman who murdered four Jews at a kosher supermarket in Paris in January, with his weapons.
Meanwhile the man behind August's foiled Thalys attack, Ayoub El Khazzani, had stayed with his sister in Molenbeek before getting the train.
In May 2014 the Islamist terrorist who shot dead four people at the Jewish museum in Brussels was allegedly a French citizen.
AFP contributed to this report.
Islamic Jihadists In France Gouged Out Eyes,Castrated And Disemboweled Their Victims
By Daniel Greenfield
A French government committee has heard testimony, suppressed by the French government at the time and not released to the media, that the killers in the Bataclan tortured their victims on the second floor of the club.
Police witnesses in Parliament said they vomited when they saw the disfigured bodies.
Wahhabist killers apparently gouged out eyes, castrated victims, and shoved their testicles in their mouths. They may also have disemboweled some poor souls. Women were stabbed in the genitals – and all the torture was, victims told police, filmed for Daesh or Islamic State propaganda. For that reason, medics did not release the bodies of torture victims to the families, investigators said.
Q. For the information of the Commission of Inquiry….can you tell us how you learned that there had been acts of barbarism within the Bataclan:beheadings, evisceration, eyes gouged out …?
Investigator: After the assault, we were with colleagues at the passage Saint-Pierre Amelot when I saw weeping from one of our colleagues who came outside to vomit. He told us what he had seen.
Q. Acts of torture happened on the second floor?
A. Bodies have not been presented to families because there were beheaded people there, the murdered people, people who have been disembowelled . There are women who had their genitals stabbed.
Q. All this would have been videotaped for Daesh !
A. I believe so. Survivors have said so.
The French authorities have little interest in seeing more information released that will make it even more clear how horrifying these attacks were. http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/263525/islamic-jihadists-france-gouged-out-eyes-castrated-daniel-greenfield