Militant Islam Monitor > Articles > Fifth Man Arrested In Connection With Muslim Terrorist Attack In Copenhagen
Fifth Man Arrested In Connection With Muslim Terrorist Attack In Copenhagen
March 23, 2015
Fifth Man Arrested in Connection with Copenhagen Attacks
Copenhagen police arrest a fifth man suspected of being an accomplice of Omar El-Hussein, who killed two people in two attacks.
By Ben Ariel, Canada First Publish: 3/21/2015, 12:00 AM
Copenhagen police said on Friday they had arrested a fifth man suspected of being an accomplice of gunman Omar El-Hussein, who killed two people in deadly twin attacks last month.
The man was "suspected of complicity in the perpetrator's actions on February 14 and 15," police said in a statement quoted by AFP.
"Like yesterday, a number of raids are being carried out in connection with the arrest," it added.
A fourth man was arrested on Thursday in an area of Copenhagen bordering the Noerrebro neighborhood where El-Hussein lived.
Custody hearings held on Friday for the men, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were not open to the public.
The two, aged 25 and 30 respectively, faced preliminary charges of helping El-Hussein get rid of an M95 assault rifle he used outside a cultural center hosting a debate on free speech and Islam, where he shot dead a filmmaker, tabloid Ekstra Bladet wrote.
They were also charged with helping him get rid of clothing after the attack and for providing "other equipment" for the shooting that took place a few hours later outside a synagogue, where a Jewish man was killed.
The charges, which both men deny, did not specify what type of equipment they had given him before the second attack.
Both men had ties to Brothas, a criminal gang El-Hussein had been linked to and which is based on the housing estate where he grew up, noted AFP.
Two other alleged accomplices have been detained since February 16 and a third since February 27, on suspicion of helping the 22-year-old gunman obtain and dispose of weapons.