Muslim Convert Jihadi Who Killed Soldier And Stormed Parliament Recorded Video Message - Retry Of 2006 Plot?
October 26, 2014
MIM: It should also be remembered that in 2006 18 'Canadian' Muslims were arrested for planning mass attacks which included storming Parliament and beheading PM Harper.Last week's attack shows that Jihadis make second attempts on projected targets if their first try fails. This was also the case in the WTC 1993 bombing which failed to bring down the towers as was hoped by the perpetrators who vowed they would return to attack the same target.
"The 2006 Ontario terrorism case refers to the plotting of a series of attacks against targets in Southern Ontario, Canada, and the June 2, 2006, counter-terrorism raids in and around the Greater Toronto Area that resulted in the arrest of 18 people (the "Toronto 18"). These individuals have been characterized as having been inspired by al Qaeda.
They were accused of planning to detonate truck bombs, to open fire in a crowded area, and to storm the Canadian Broadcasting Centre, the Canadian Parliament building, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) headquarters, and the parliamentary Peace Tower to take hostages and to behead the Prime Minister and other leaders."
Canadian gunman who shot dead soldier recorded video message before attack that reveals it WAS a meticulously planned act of terror, police say
Michael Zehaf-Bibeau shot soldier and stormed parliament on Wednesday
Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper called it a terrorist attack
Police have found video he recorded shortly before tirade, said it is 'persuasive evidence that it was politically and ideologically motivated'
Clip of Zehaf-Bibeau, who was shot dead during attack, not yet released.
A gunman who shot and killed a soldier at Canada's national war memorial and then stormed Parliament before he was gunned down had prepared a video recording of himself that reveals his ideological and political motives, police claim.
The footage of Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, which is yet to be released, is said to confirm investigators' fears that this was a meticulously planned terrorist attack.
Royal Canadian Mounted Police Commissioner Bob Paulson said in a statement they have 'persuasive evidence that Michael Zehaf-Bibeau's attack was driven by ideological and political motives.'
Click on link for video and pictures: