Largest Counter Terrorism Raid In Australian History Launched To Prevent Public Beheadings By ISIS Operatives
September 17, 2014
Police swoop on Sydney, Brisbane homes in terror raids
A SERIES of anti-terrorism raids were sparked by intelligence reports that Islamic State was planning a public execution in Australia, Prime Minister Tony Abbott says.
Details of the planned attack have emerged in the wake of the biggest anti-terrorism operation in Australia's history, involving hundreds of police officers in co-ordinated raids across Sydney and Brisbane this morning.
Mr Abbott was briefed on the police raid on Wednesday night, which included intelligence that public beheadings were planned. "The exhortations, quite direct exhortations, were coming from an Australian who is apparently quite senior in ISIL to networks of support back in Australia to conduct demonstration killings here in this country," he told reporters...
Paul Maley and Dan Box POLICE believe a group of Sydney men were planning to seize a random member of the public and behead them, while filming the attack, sources say.
Terror cell 'planned to behead a random member of the public on a Sydney street': Evil plot revealed as 800 police detain 15 suspects following dawn raids in Sydney and Brisbane
At least 800 officers from AFP and NSW Police were involved
25 search warrants and 15 arrests were carried out in Sydney
One man, Omarjan Azari, charged with serious terrorism related offence
Homes were searched in Sydney's northwest suburbs
Raids also took place in three Brisbane suburbs
Police sources say they had to act now
'Police believe that this group that we have executed this operation on today had the intention, and had started to carry out planning, to commit violent acts here in Australia,' AFP Acting Commissioner Andrew Colvin told reporters in Sydney.
'Those violent acts particularly related to random acts against members of the public.'
Police sources revealed more details to Daily Mail Australia, that the plot involved abducting a member of the public in Sydney and beheading them. ABC reported that the abducted member of the public would be draped in an Islamic State flag and beheaded on camera..."
OPERATION APPLEBY: THE FACTS
On Thursday 18 September a series of pre-dawn raids were carried out in what has been declared as Australia's largest ever counter-terrorism operation.
cleared xolcc bdrcc">25 search warrants were executed
cleared xolcc bdrcc">10 warrants were undertaken in relation to vehicles
cleared xolcc bdrcc">800 NSW police and AFP officers were involved
cleared xolcc bdrcc">15 people were arrested
cleared xolcc bdrcc">One man has been charged so far with serious terrorism related offences
cleared xolcc bdrcc">Homes were searched in at least 12 suburbs in the city's north-west including Beecroft, Bella Vista, Guildford, Merrylands, Northmead, Wentworthville, Marsfield, Westmead, Castle Hill, Revesby, Bass Hill and Regents Park
MIM: Muslims in Australia are crying that they are the real victims of the thwarted beheading plot and called the government "terrorist".
Excerpt from "Australia Terror Raid Prompted By ISIS Plans For Public Killing PM Says"
"...A crowd of around 300 people protested the raids at a rally in Sydney on Thursday night.
Uthman Badar, a spokesman for the Islamist group Hizt ut-Tahrir, warned of a growing unrest within Australia's Muslim community.
"We are tired of being made scapegoats. The government is the terrorist," he said in front of supporters wearing anti-government placards, according to News.com.au.
"We would be fools to think we can now wake up and feel safer," he added. "We are not fools to be deceived. There is anger in the community. We have been victimized for years and years.".."