Ample accumulated evidence During Operation "Protective Edge," which started (July 8, 2014) in response to terrorist attacks from the Gaza Strip aimed at Israeli civilian and military targets, links Palestinian terrorist organizations to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA).
Opening fire and launching rockets in vicinity of UNRWA facilities or from its premises
- The IDF Spokesperson reported that 11 mortar shells were fired by terrorists on August 2 from the vicinity of an UNRWA school in the Zeitoun neighbourhood in Gaza. (Appendix -1)
- On July 30 IDF forces uncovered an attack tunnel reportedly dug from inside an UNRWA health clinic in the area of al-Farahin in east Khan Younis. During IDF searches Hamas operatives detonated 12 explosive charges planted inside the building, killing 3 Israeli soldiers.
- On July 25 Palestinian terrorists fired mortar shells and anti tank rockets from the vicinity of an UNRWA school and from inside it, causing the death of an Israeli soldier.
- The IDF Spokesperson reported on July 24 that "in recent days" Hamas launched rockets from the area of Beit Hanoun where an UNRWA shelter is located.
- IDF documented rockets launcher pad in the vicinity of al-Mahtal Hotel in al-Shati refugee camp. The sign UN is clearly seen on the building's roof. (Appendix -2)
- FRENCH 24 reporter documented rockets launching in the vicinity of UNRWA school.(Appendix -3)
Read full report in PDF, click here.