September 12, 2012 - San Francisco, CA - PipeLineNews.org - Indicative of the indignation being voiced by American citizens over the events which have transpired over the last 24 hrs in the Middle East, today, Congressman Allen West (R-FL) issued a presser expressing outrage over the Obama administration's appeasement of Islamism, which has now resulted in the murder of the United States' Ambassador to Libya, Christopher Stevens and other at the hands of a fanatical Muslim mob.
"Less than 24 hours after our nation remembered the heinous attacks of September 11, 2001, Americans find their sovereign soil attacked again as more American lives are lost at the hands of intolerant, barbaric, radical Muslims.
United States Ambassador to Libya, Christopher Stevens, and several embassy staff were murdered late yesterday when suspected religious extremists stormed the United States Consulate in Benghazi. This morning, my condolences and prayers go out to the families of the victims. Americans need to question whether the deaths of these innocent patriots could have been avoided. The Obama Administration touted the Arab Spring as an awakening of freedom, which we now see is a nightmare of Islamism.
Even more concerning, is the initial response to these attacks last night from the embassy officials of the Obama Administration was to apologize for a Facebook video that supposedly hurt Muslim feelings. President Obama's policy of appeasement towards the Islamic world has manifested itself into a specter of unconscionable hatred.
How anyone can believe this President is strong on national security and foreign policy is beyond my comprehension. President Obama has clearly surpassed former President Jimmy Carter and his actions during the Iranian Embassy crisis as the weakest and most ineffective person to ever occupy the White House."
We could hardly agree more with the Congressman.
President Obama is entirely responsible for the foreign policy disaster which has engulfed the Middle East and this is arguably the most serious breach of U.S. national security interests since the events which led up to the Korean War.
He owns this.
Barack Hussein Obama started the process with his June 4, 2009 Cairo speech - delivered at Jihad Central, Al-Azhar University. We must note here that the Obama administration personally invited top leaders of the terrorist Muslim Brotherhood as VIPs to watch him deliver his Cairo address, a fawning, dhimmi tinged attack on American tradition and values which served to stoke Egypt's long suppressed jihadist to take to the streets, hence the "Arab Spring," a disaster clearly in the making from its outset.
The Cairo debacle was quickly followed by other actions highly injurious to U.S. interests in the region - short order this administration willfully:
1. Materially and intentionally damaged the special relationship between the U.S. and Israel.
2. Ran from Iraq, callously casting aside the thousands of American servicemen who gave their lives for this cause.
3. Refused to give his generals the troops they needed to prevail in Afghanistan and. compounding matters, entered into negotiations [in Qatar] with the enemy, the barbarous Taliban, so that upon the U.S. exit, the country would be gift wrapped and handed over to those who harbored al-Qaeda.
4. Sold out and abandoned former U.S. ally, Egypt's President Hosni Mubarak and unleashed the full fury of the Muslim Brotherhood.
5. And, taking a page from his close advisor on such matters, the radical former PLO spokesman Rashid Khalidi [one of Obama's buds from his Columbia days], placed the entire weight of the U.S. foreign policy establishment at the service of the so called "Palestinian Cause," which is the leading edge of the Islamic jihad which exists for the sole purpose of destroying the Jewish state.
So serious is this matter that the House of Representatives should immediately commence investigating the possibility of bringing this president to justice via the remedies provided for handling such exigencies in Article II of the United States Constitution, Section IV which states, "The President, Vice President, and all civil Officers of the United States shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors."
Yes, it's far past time to start the process of drawing up articles of impeachment, this president is acting in a deliberate manner to materially harm the security of the United States. If the voters do not act in November, the Congress will have no other option but to press forward.