CAIR's 15th Annual Banquet Features Anti - Semites And Jihadists
October 21, 2009
CAIR's 15th Annual Banquet Features Anti-Semites And Jihadists
By WILLIAM MAYER and BEILA RABINOWITZ
October 21, 2009 - San Francisco, CA - PipeLineNews.org - CAIR [the Council on American Islamic Relations1.] has just added a prominent jihadist along with a discredited anti-Semite to its 15th annual banquet speaker's list.
The headline speaker is, as previously noted, the disgraced race baiter Jesse Jackson - Hymietown" Jesse Jackson Headlines Banquet For Hamas Linked CAIR - but now joining him on the dais are Siraj Wahhaj and Paul Findley.
Wahhaj is a radical Islamic supremacist and the imam of Brooklyn's Masjid Al-Taqwa. He also serves on CAIR's advisory board. He was named as an unindicted co-conspirator in the World Trade Center bombing and the allied conspiracy to bomb additional New York landmarks. Wahhaj also served as a character witness at the trial of Omar Abdel Rahman [the "Blind Sheikh] who was convicted in the Trade Center bombing, found guilty and is now serving a life sentence.2.
The imam believes that the U.S. Constitution should be replaced with Shari'a and the U.S. ruled by a caliphate.
Paul Findley is an apologist for Islam and is the founder of the Council for the National Interest, a Washington based pro-Arabist pressure group. He has authored a number of books which adopt the conspiracy theory that the Jews control American foreign policy. In a case of not so strange company, Rep Paul Findley appears on former Klan member David Duke's website3 and also seems appreciated by the posters on the Nazi website, Storm Front. 4.
He blames Israel for the September 11 attacks, "September 11 would not have occurred if the U.S. government had refused to help Israel humiliate and destroy Palestinian society. Few express this conclusion publicly, but many believe it is the truth." 5.
Findley has also appeared with South African born Islamist Ahmed Deedat in an event called "Is Israel Setup For Destruction?" Deedat is the founder of the Islamic Center Propagation International, so heavily funded by the bin-Laden family that it contains a "Bin-Laden Center." 6.
Findley's extremist viewpoint extends to bin-Laden, "Outsiders do not seem to recognize that bin Laden is one of the pre-eminent heroes of Afghans, occupying a role similar to the Marquis de Lafayette, a Frenchman who fought at the side of the Colonials during America's Revolutionary War." 7.
With the recent publication of J. David Gaubatz and Paul Sperry's, "Muslim Mafia," CAIR, already shaken by the revelation of its closeness to Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood - proven during the successful federal prosecution of the Holy Land Foundation - and having been rejected for that reason as a partner by the FBI, is now reeling, the subject of increased scrutiny and concern.
In such an environment one might think it prudent to become less, rather than more combative. If the so far revealed list of speakers is any indication, they have done exactly the opposite, providing further insight into the organization's true radical nature.
1. CAIR has long been understood to be closely affiliated with the Egyptian terror organization, the Muslim Brotherhood. It was named as an unindicted co-conspirator in the successful prosecution of U.S. vs. Holy Land Foundation, the nation's largest Hamas fundraising prosecution.
2. The Council on American Islamic Relations Exposed, Investigative Project, http://www.investigativeproject.org/documents/misc/122.pdf, Storm Front, http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?t=69738
3. Rep. Paul Findley Dares Speak Out Again, http://www.davidduke.com/general/rep-paul-findley_634.html,
4. StormFront, http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?t=69738
5. Paul Findley, Liberating America From Israel, http://www.wrmea.com/archives/november02/0211024.html
6. Original webpage removed, but archived at Militant Islam Monitor, http://www.militantislammonitor.org/article/id/954. Findley's address on the destruction of Israel where he appeared with Deedat, was filmed at the Good Hope Center, Cape Town, South Africa, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i3VOoq9XiQ&feature=related [first in a sixteen part video]
7. Weekly Standard, http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/001/464ijlvz.asp