"Wake Up America" Progress Report - Rep. Sue Myrick's 10 point plan to counter terrorism
July 28, 2008
"Wake Up America" Agenda Progress Report July/August 2008 (Rep. Sue Myrick)
1. Will call for a government investigation of all US military chaplains who were approved by Abdurahman Alamoudi.
2. Will call for a government investigation of all US prison chaplains who were approved by Abdurahman Alamoudi.
3. Will call for the Government Accounting Office (GAO) to investigate the selection process of Arabic translators in the FBI and DoD.
4. Will call for the Internal Revenue Service to investigate the Council on American-Islamic Relations' (CAIR) 501(c)(3) non-profit status which restricts "lobbying on behalf of a foreign government".
5. Introduce a bill to make the preaching, publication, or distribution of materials that call for the death of American citizens, attacks on the United States Government or Armed Forces, or the financing of the means and/or operations to accomplish these acts, acts of sedition and/or solicitation of treason. Background/Media Pack Points 1-5 http://www.myrick.house.gov/Myrick%20Agenda%201.PDF
6. Will call on the Government Accountability Office to conduct an audit to verify the total sovereign wealth fund investment in the United States.
7. Will attempt to cancel scholarship student visa program with Saudi Arabia until they reform their textbooks.
8. Will introduce a bill to restrict R-1/R-2 religious visas for imams who come from countries that do not allow reciprocal visits by non-Muslim clergy.
10. Will introduce or sponsor a bill to block the sale of sensitive military munitions, especially Joint Direct Attack Munitions (JDAMs), to Saudi Arabia. Background/Media Pack Points 6-10 http://www.myrick.house.gov/Myrick%20Agenda%201.PDF Get updates on Rep. Myrick's Agenda by signing up for her eNewsletter here.
MIM: The url for the original press release: http://www.house.gov/list/press/nc09_myrick/wakeupamerica41808.html