Tahieri Azar letter : "I turned myself in to assure the world I was not some insane person who went on a killing rampage suddenly"
March 20, 2006
Letter from Mohammad Reza Taheri-azar
Mohammad Reza Taheri-Azar
T328156 1300 Western Blvd. Raleigh, NC 27606
In the name of Allah, the Merciful, the Compassionate
Dear Ms. Velliquette;
To get right to the point, I will answer each of your questions:
1) The Koran, the truth from Allah, the creator of all things, dictates in numerous places, e.g. Chapter "Muhammad," that Allah's followers have permission to attack these who have waged war against them, with eternal paradise as an expected reward so long as Allah's followers abide by all commandments listed throughout the Koran. The fact that the Koran is a scientific and mathematic miracle proves that it is from a supernatural source.
2) Judging by the U.S. government's continuing invasions and killing of my fellow followers of Allah in Islamic territories in the Middle East, even after the deaths of more than 1,000 U.S. soldiers, I concluded that I didn't want to attack in the Middle East since there would likely be no significant change in the U.S. government's military presence in Islamic territories.
3) I therefore decided to attack within the U.S. borders, hoping that the U.S. government would understand that my fellow followers of Allah will do everything necessary to defeat our enemies, even giving up a college degree from UNC Chapel Hill, as I did myself.
4) I have no hatred for anyone. I only act out of love for Allah and I never hesitate to do as Allah has commanded in the Koran, which I have read all 114 chapters of approximately 15 times now, beginning in June 2003.
5) In response to the 9/11/2001 attacks, I have always believed that the U.S. government should have immediately seeked peace instead of war.
6) I discussed my plans with no one but Allah when I prayed to him in the days prior to March 3rd.
7) I turned myself in to assure the world that I wasn't some insane person who went on a killing rampage suddenly.
8) With Allah's help, I am prepared and will be prepared for a life sentence. I only fear and only respect Allah.
9) Please see to it that this letter is broadcast throughout the world in its entirety. Sincerely yours, Mohammad Taheri-Azar
URL for this article: http://www.herald-sun.com/orange/10-712873.html