This item is available on the Militant Islam Monitor website, at http://www.militantislammonitor.org/article/id/461
Israel releases terrorists in "show of support for Abbas" while Hamas states 'Israel only meets demands under threat'
February 27, 2005
Terrorists demand release of more terrorists
MIM: A suicide bombing on Friday which killed 5 people and injured and maimed more then 5o people in front of a Tel Aviv nightclub was lamented in the media with obscene and cynical headlines which made a mockery of the victims by proclaiming that ;
"The fragile accord has been wounded, but it is still alive". http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/02/27/wmid227.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/02/27/ixnewstop.html and "Rogue bomb hits bid for peace " http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-1502561,00.html
Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice provided the most ghastly headline and soundbyte, in which the trivialisation of terrorism reached new low, and the slaughter on the Tel Aviv beachfront was referred to as just one of the "ups and downs" of the peace process. This remark is not surprising in light of the fact that last week Rice proposed giving terrorists a $100 dollar pension to 'retire'. http://www.militantislammonitor.org/article/id/424
"Rice says terrorist attack should not derail peace process".
"We are not in any way distressed by the response to this on either side. I think it's shown considerable maturity on the parts of the parties to know there are going to be some ups and downs, and we'll have to get through them." http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1109561144022
Even more perversely, demands were made for PA (Paid Assassin) leader Mazen to' do something to stop terror'. Mazen issued a statement in which he feigned ignorance of the perpetrators,and blamed them for jeopardising the PA's own murderous interests (!)
Abbas described the terrorists innocously as "a third party...who were trying to sabotage the period of calm, and the goals of our people" .
No one in the media who gushed over Mazen's 'unprecedented' words added that "the goals of our people", which Mazen referred to was, in fact, a 'coded' call to kill Jews and to destroy Israel.
'In an unprecedented statement, PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas described the perpetrators of the attack as "saboteurs" and said they would be brought to justice.
"We strongly condemn this attack and we believe that a third party is trying to sabotage the period of calm and the goals of our people," Abbas said. http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1109387976274
MIM: The PA will soon be attending a meeting in Damascus together with Hamas, Islamic Jihad, and the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine. Hamas leader Hassan Yousef, who is also an active member of PASSIA, 'doubted that the meeting of Arab terror leaders in Syria would lead to a formal truce'.
MIM: Last week relatives of terrorist victims who tried to stop the terrorist release were denied their petition in the court. Two of of the 'reasons' put forward by government for rejecting the appeal was that 'the prisoner release would further the peace process' and it was intended as a "show of support for Abbas'. http://chareidi.shemayisrael.com/apulloutkss65.htm
Maybe the families of this week's terrorist attack victims can file a new appeal against the Israeli government's"show of support for Abbas" and the 'peace process' which caused the death and maiming of their loved ones...
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=78253Abu Mazen: Hamas to Join Gov´t and Back Cease-Fire
Thursday, March 10, 2005 / 29 Adar 5765
(IsraelNN.com) Palestinian Authority (PA) chairman Abu Mazen (Mahmoud Abbas) said Thursday afternoon that he expects Hamas terrorists next week to announce they will halt attacks against Israel in return for receiving a role in PA decision making. He added that other terrorist groups also will agree to a cease-fire that the PA announced almost two months ago at a four-way summit meeting with Israel, Jordan and Egypt.
The terrorist organizations and the PA are scheduled to meet in Cairo next Tuesday with Egyptian officials to discuss the future of Gaza after the planned Israeli withdrawal.
Abu Mazen conceded that while the PA will try to prevent violence, it may not be able to stop all terrorist attacks. He also criticized Israel's Thursday morning killing of a terrorist who helped organize the suicide bombing in Tel Aviv three weeks ago. Israeli forces killed him after he refused to surrender.
Hamas Protest Threatens To Kidnap IDF Soldiers
Friday, February 25, 2005
Thousand of Hamas terrorist supporters took to the streets Friday to demand Israel release all Arab prisoners and terrorists or face reprisals, including kidnapping of IDF soldiers.
Israel earlier this week freed 500 prisoners and has agreed to release another 400.
Senior Hamas leader Fathi Hamar said after Moslem prayers in northern Gaza that his forces are "ready at any time to kidnap soldiers" until Israel releases all jailed terrorists. He reiterated statements that the planned withdrawal from Gaza and northern Samaria proves that Israel meets Arab demands only under threats.
"Israel is being stupid by trying to deceive us on the issue of prisoners." He said terrorists have proved their success in kidnapping and cited the kidnap and murder of soldier Nachshon Waxman 10 years ago.
"Israel's refusal to solve the matter of prisoners prevents changing the [current reduction in violence] to a true and lasting cease fire."
Another Hamas leader, Hassan Yousef, said he doubted that an upcoming meeting of leaders of Arab terror groups in Syria would lead to a formal truce. The leaders of all eight Damascus-based , including Hamas, Islamic Jihad and the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, will meet with Palestinian Authority and Egyptian officials on March 5.
Syria's Hamas leader Khaled Meshal said that a truce is not possible unless Israel accepts Palestinian demands, including allowing three million Arabs in Lebanon, Jordan and other countries to live in Israel.
Hasan Yousef via Hamasonline reiterates terrorist 'mission statement'
Resistance of Zionist occupation Hamas's top priority
Ramallah - Despite the fact that Hamas Movement had lost a number of its leaders, including Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, founder and spiritual leader of the Movement, and Dr. Abdul Aziz Al-Rantisi, one of its most prominent leaders, nonetheless, it would go along the road of Jihad and resistance of the Zionist occupation till its full ejection out of all Palestinian lands, Sheikh Hassan Yousef, a former media spokesman of the Movement in the West Bank, said in an interview.
He added that the martyrdom of those two leaders constituted a big loss to the Palestinian people in particular and the Arab and the Muslim nations in general and left a large vacuum that couldn't be filled at all.
Sheikh Yousef pointed out that the Palestinian people's high respect to the Movement was attributed to its adherence to their legitimate rights and to the Islamic project it has adopted since its foundation.
Hamas Islamic Jihad confirm legitmacy of Palestinian Resistance weapons
What part of Jihad didnt you understand ?
Gaza - The Hamas Movement's media spokesman in Gaza Mushir Al-Masri has confirmed the legitimacy of the Palestinian resistance factions' weapons expressing his Movement's full rejection of disarming those factions at the pretext of putting a halt to the chaos currently reigning in the Palestinian lands.
Masri called upon the PA security apparatus to shoulder responsibility in curbing the current lawlessness rampant in the Palestinian lands.
Security laxity rampant nowadays in the Palestinian territories shouldn't be attributed to the Palestinian resistance factions' weapons, he highlighted, and pointed out that the meetings, which the Movement's leaders held with Mahmoud Abbas, head of the PLO executive committee, didn't touch upon disarming the resistance factions, as they enjoy the legitimate right of defending their homeland against Zionist occupation.
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/print.php3?what=news&id=77520Israel Might Reinstate Assassination Policy
Sunday, February 27, 2005
(IsraelNN.com) In light of Friday night's suicide bombing which killed four and injured 65, Israeli security officials said that its heretofore frozen assassination policy might be reinstated against the Islamic Jihad, the terrorist organization that claimed responsibility for the attack.
Islamic Jihad justified the attack by claiming that the unofficial ceasefire to which it agreed with P.A. President Abbas was only for a month; therefore Israel's change of mind would be seen as a grim acceptance of this pull-out from the ceasefire.
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/print.php3?what=news&id=77522Will be Difficult to Foil Terror Attacks during Disengagement, Police Say
Sunday, February 27, 2005
(IsraelNN.com) Senior sources in the Police Force admitted today that for the duration of the Disengagement from Gush Katif planned for this summer, owing to a dearth of manpower police will be hard pressed to continue in its vital work preventing terrorist attacks.
The sources added that the police will find it difficult to control crime during the period, and that furthermore crime is likely to increase independent of police inactivity.
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/print.php3?what=news&id=77437Freed Terrorist Arrested Again
Thursday, February 24, 2005 / 15 Adar 5765
Yet another released terrorist has been re-arrested by Israeli security forces for involvement in terrorism.
The arrested man, Waseem Akab Khalil Mantzur, had been released from an Israeli prison in 2003 after spending less than a year in jail for his involvement in previous shooting attacks.
Since his release, Mantzur has been involved in weapons dealing and various attacks against Israeli targets. The Tanzim faction to which Mantzur belonged has been carrying out its attacks in the Shechem region in coordination with the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade, also affiliated with Fatah, and with the Hizbullah terrorist organization.
Mantzur is from the village of Kfar Kalil and was involved in many recent attacks against IDF forces in the vicinity. He was involved in last week's attempted attack on the Jewish community of Bracha, in which another released terrorist, Atzam Mantzur, was killed while planting a bomb. Israel set him free in January 2004 as part of an exchange for kidnapped Israeli Elhanan Tenenbaum and the bodies of three IDF soldiers murdered by Hizbullah.
Despite the attack on Bracha, Israel released the first group of 500 Arab prisoners last week as a "good-will gesture" to provide PLO Chairman Mahmoud Abbas (Abu Mazen) with an accomplishment he can chalk up to his credit.
Yehudit Dasberg, whose daughter and son-in-law were murdered by terrorists nine years ago, told Arutz-7 today that the government disregards the fact that a large percentage of the released terrorists return to murdering Jews. "The government releases terrorist murderers, without examining at all whether the freed terrorists return to killing Jews. We have in our possession dozens of names of Israelis wounded by terrorists who released by Israel in the past," said Dasberg.
According to Dasberg, Deputy Defense Minister Zev Boim has confirmed that due to lack of budget, the IDF and security services have not carried out any investigation into how many freed terrorists have returned to carrying out attacks.
"We, the families of terror victims, are representing all of Israel's citizens," Mrs. Dasberg said, "and not just those on the right-wing. It is in everyone's interest not to release terrorists who, in light of past experience, will definitely return to trying to kill Jews. When they say the terrorists being released have no ‘blood on their hands,' it just means they weren't successful in killing Jews on their first try. Their desire to continue trying to murder remains. What kind of country will we have with 900 more terrorist murderers roaming freely in our land?"
Dasberg added that when she petitioned the Supreme Court, asking how Israel could continue to arrest criminals when murderers are released, Justice Mishael Heshin told her, "You are bringing claims from the realm of ethics and justice when we are here to discuss law alone."
MIM: More news about the truce -
Tel Aviv Bomber Helped by Israeli Arabs Monday, February 28, 2005
Rice says Tel Aviv bombing need not derail peace
Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice says the new Palestinian government must get tougher on terrorists like those responsible for a bombing that rattled the resurgent Middle East peace process.
She is praising both Israelis and Palestinians for showing restraint in the aftermath of the suicide bombing at the weekend. She also says other countries must help the Palestinians' president, Mahmoud Abbas, by contributing money and political support.
The secretary was attending a British-led conference on Palestinian reform, where she planned to meet with Abbas on Tuesday.
The conference is intended to help bolster the Palestinian Authority ahead of Israel's planned withdrawal from the Gaza Strip and four settlements in the West Bank and to prepare for eventual statehood.
The bombing outside a Tel Aviv nightclub on Friday killed five Israelis. Israelis and Palestinians are waiting to see if Israel pulls away from the peace process or if Abbas has the power to stop further attacks.
"Obviously, when you have Palestinian Islamic Jihad taking responsibility, then something needs to be done about that because they are clearly challenging directly the Palestinian Authority," Rice said en route to London on Monday.
Even so, she said, "We are not in any way distressed by the response to this on either side. I think it's shown considerable maturity on the parts of the parties to know there are going to be some ups and downs, and we'll have to get through them."
The London conference, in addition to aiding Abbas' government, is meant to underscore other countries' insistence that he take on terrorists as well as petty crooks.
This item is available on the Militant Islam Monitor website, at http://www.militantislammonitor.org/article/id/461